BY Emily IN Wedding Tips On March 4, 2015
Wedding planning can be stressful! DJ Paul Michaels wants to make your planning process as effortless and fun as possible with this monthly Wedding News Digest. Below are articles with helpful Chicago Wedding tips, or a bit of laughter. Happy Wedding Planning!
WEDDING PLANNING TIP: To cut or not to cut?
Engaged couples are always trying to find ways to trim costs when planning their wedding. Celebrity wedding and event planer Danielle Rothweller has the list on Huffington Post of items that you should definitely KEEP when looking at your planning checklist.
Being in the industry, I definitely believe this is a strong list of non-negotiables. It’s not about ‘robbing’ money from your budget, it’s more about putting your mind at ease. There are plenty of details that you and your fiance will be worrying about on your special day and you never want to look back at your wedding day and regret any decisions.
WEDDING PLANNING TIP: How to incorporate summer into your wedding
The top months to get married are June – September, here is a short list of how you can bring a touch of summer into your wedding all year long.
1. During your ceremony, provide your guests with a fan program to keep them cool, and informed. Brides.com shows you an easy DIY Wedding Program Fan!
P.S. If you really have your wedding during a HOT Chicago Summer, it is a good idea to provide your guests with pre-ceremony beverages. Ask your caterer to provide ice water, iced tea, and iced flavored lemonade to keep your guests happy.
2. Provide flip-flops for the gals dancing at your wedding. Not only is it a fun additional gift, but an enjoyable gift to enjoy all year round. Check out weddingpartyapp.com for a cute idea!
3. Alcohol Popsicles! Pass them during cocktail hour, or as a late night snack – popsicles are reminiscent of childhood and add a little bit of adult fun. Bridalguide.com has this idea and many more summer wedding ideas for you to check out.
4. Add sparklers for added photo pizzazz and that summer feel. Buzzfeed.com shows you how amazing and memorable sparklers make your wedding day.
5. Sunglasses as favors! Offbeatbride.com shows you how to present them at your wedding so your guests will be able to use them during the outdoor ceremony, for cute reception photos, and all year long.
Actually planning a summer wedding? Check out shefinds.com list of top 10 mistakes couples make when planning a summer wedding.
CELEBRITY NEWS: Lady Gaga + Taylor Kinney are engaged!
We think that Taylor Kinney took our Valentine’s Day Proposal advice as the two got engaged on 2.14.15! Since he followed us, we wanted to learn more about him. Did you know that Taylor Kinney lives in Chicago? ABCNews.com has more fun facts about Lady Gaga’s to-be husband. We can’t wait to see what she has in store for their wedding.
WEDDING PLANNING TIP: March Wedding Show Expos
Saturday & Sunday, March 6-7, 2015 at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront holds the Charity Bridal Event hosted by Brides Against Breast Cancer. Check out DJ Paul Michaels as he is a preferred local sponsor of the event and will be spinning tunes all day.
Bring your entire bridal party, address stickers and a notebook because you will get to meet tons wedding vendors at these shows!
Let us know what you want to see next month in the comment box below!
3 years ago / Comments Off on March 2015 Wedding News Digest